Use, Care and Cleaning of Your Flexible Magnetic Material
Storing Flexible Magnet
• When not using flexible magnetic sheet, keep it in a clean, dry place.
• Store rolled stock on end to keep it from developing flat spots.
• Store rolled sign material on end with the printed or vinyl side out.
• Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic side facing each other.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
• Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats, and waxes are cured (hardened)*
• Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
• Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry
*(Approximate curing times: paint - 90 days; clear coat - 60 days; wax - 2 days.)
Applying Flexible Magnet
• Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
• If possible, affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
• Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface (i.e., no air pockets).
If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Do no pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
Applying Flexible Magnet
• Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150° F (66° C).
• Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
• Avoid use on non-metallic body filters, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces.
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
• To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at the regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehiclemounted signs, remove and clean DAILY!) • To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks, remove magnetic signs DAILY.
• Manufacturer will not be held liable for any damage caused by abuse, misuse or the failure to follow the clean and care guide.
Failure to Follow Our Use, Care and Cleaning Instructions may Result in Damage to Paint
Surfaces and Other Surfaces.
Proper Use and Care
Will extend the Life of Your
Magnetic Products and Protect the Metallic Surface to which it is Applied.
This Enclosed Information is to be
Passed on to END USERS